Q Ball 18 Cabaret Voltaire
Delve into the underground.
April 14, 2018
Gym at Butler Street Lofts
Attire: 1930’s Cabaret – are you the star or the voyeur?
Join Quantum Theatre and delve into the underground art scene of 1930. Josephine Baker’s Paris, the films of Fritz Lang, and German Expressionist dancing inspire an evening of good company & provocative performance.
VIP Party 7:00-9:00 pm
VIP’s will delight in the seductive sounds of the 1930’s courtesy of Boilermaker Jazz Band, discover entrancing and intimate cabaret performances, enjoy exquisite food from Kate Romane’s Black Radish Kitchen, and imbibe specially crafted cocktails.
VIP Tickets $200
Dance Party 9:00-Midnight
Drinks, desserts, and a showcase of the best in Pittsburgh’s DJ and Drag scenes await you. Dance the night away with DJ Big Phill and Quantum’s own unique nod to the subversive artistic spirit of the 1930’s.
Dance Party Tickets $50 ($60 at the door)
No need to choose! Thanks to a partnership with Contemporary Craft you can celebrate at both events for just $300. Click our ticketing link below and select the “Joint Experience” for access to both parties.
Additional Event Information
Parking in Lawrenceville can be challenging. We suggest the following options, indicated on the map below:
- The public metered lot at Butler & 42nd Street, free after 6:00PM.
- Turn right onto 46th Street and take the first left hand turn. There is a parking lot there behind the former Boys & Girls Club
- Street parking as available
- We encourage the use of ride sharing apps like Lyft or Uber. If you have never used Lyft before, use code QBALL18 to save $5!
- An accessible entrance can be found on 45th Street between Butler St. and Cessna Way. The entrance will be clearly marked with signage and a volunteer will be stationed to provide assistance. Please call us at (412) 362-1713 if you have any questions or concerns about accessibility.
- Check in is located through the main entrance on Butler Street. All guests who purchase tickets in advance will have their names on our door list and need only to give their name.
Q Ball Chairs
Philip Ferland & Doug Nolder | Nachum Golan & Steve Hough
David Bennett, Karla Boos & Joël Le Gall, Paul Bowden, Janis Burley Wilson, Yvonne Campos, Kate Colligan, Alan Crawford, Lynn & Chip Desmone, Kate Freed & Jack Brice,
Christina French, Amanda & Dan Gilman, Keri Harmicar & David Seman, Jean Anne Hattler, Indea Herndon, Kirk Johnson & Henry Krakovsky, Carole King & Chip Burke, Christiane Leach, Larry Leahy, Tracy & John Mahood, Cari Marty, Pam & Ken McCrory, Maggie McDonald & Russ Schuh, Mary McKinney & Mark Flaherty, Mary Murrin, Christina O’Toole, Allan Philp, Jessica Quinn-Horgan & John Horgan, Caryn Rubinoff & Craig Dunham,
Susan & Peter Smerd, Tammy & Rick Tsai, Gene Welsh & Marty Healey
Thank you to our silent auction donors:
Attack Theatre | David Bennett | Bricolage Production Company | Michelle Browne
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh | Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh | City Theatre Company
Ron Copeland | Bruce Crocker | Cure | Dinette | Ron Donoughe | Waverly Duck
Eyetique | Philip Ferland and Doug Nolder | Mark Flaherty and Mary McKinney
The Frick Pittsburgh | Dan Gilman | Jean Anne Hattler | Hotel Indigo | Kelly Strayhorn Theater
Los Sabrosos | Bill Miller | New Hazlett Theater | Off the Wall Productions | OneJet
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre | Pittsburgh Glass Center | The Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh New Works Festival | Pittsburgh Opera | The Pittsburgh Steelers | Point Brugge Cafe
Anna Singer and Don Kortlandt | Stage Right | Richard Venezia
Rivers of Steel | Venture Outdoors | The Wheel Mill