Work with Us
Title: Marketing and Communications Assistant
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Classification and Pay: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Salary 30’s. Benefits including Health, Vision, Dental, and Retirement.
Quantum Theatre seeks a motivated and passionate Marketing and Communications Assistant to support its show and institutional marketing efforts. The Marketing Communications Assistant will execute marketing plans outlined by Quantum’s Brand Managers, BOOM Creative, and Quantum’s Executive Director, promoting the company’s unique projects to members of the Pittsburgh community and beyond. The Marketing Communications Assistant will draft a wide variety of external communications for both print and digital distribution. They will also oversee day-to-day management of Quantum’s Facebook and Instagram accounts using Brand Voice, Visual, and Editorial Guidelines outlined by the brand management team.
- Execute multi-channel marketing campaigns to promote Quantum productions and other programming, including public readings, fundraising events, and updates on works in progress.
- Draft marketing copy for print, digital, and social media distribution under direction of Brand Manager and Executive Director.
- Craft pre-show communications that exemplify Quantum’s unique aesthetic and patron-centric mindset for very diverse projects.
- Draft and schedule content for Quantum’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) under direction of Brand Managers and Executive Director.
- Gather visual and textual assets according to marketing plans and promote engagement with and from community members.
- Leverage Quantum’s ongoing activities including but not limited to future site research, rehearsals, design renderings, and special events for promotional benefit.
- Update website content and ticketing pages to ensure current information is communicated clearly to patrons, foreseeing and addressing customer experience challenges related to the company’s environmental work.
- Maintain press and media archives.
- Process single ticket and subscription sales, providing excellent customer service.
- Assist with clerical processes related to donation acknowledgement and office management.
- Collect assets for show playbills and deliver to Brand Managers.
- Participate along with full staff in creating successful annual benefit gala, with duties including gathering silent auction donations, on-site preparation and execution of event.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in marketing or communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service background.
- Detail oriented and organized – able to set and adhere to deadlines.
- Availability and willingness to work some evenings during production season (approx. 16 weeks / year).
- Must provide own transportation.
- Experience with databases, especially Salesforce or Patron Manager very desirable
- Additional desirable skills include basic graphic design, experience with Emma or comparable email software, experience with WordPress or comparable web design platform.
Quantum Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color to apply.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Stewart Urist, Executive Director Quantum Theatre
Directors and Designers
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Karla Boos, Artistic Director.
Future Opportunities: We accept resumes and headshots year-round. Please send to our submissions inbox – email@example.com.
Quantum is not currently seeking internship candidates. If you’d like to get involved with the company we are always seeking volunteers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.