Work with Us
Quantum Theatre is currently seeking House Managers for its 2018-2019 season.
This position has overall responsibility for ensuring that Quantum Theatre patrons have an enjoyable and safe experience at every venue. Additionally, the House Manager collects and balances box office receipts, manage will-call tickets, and reports attendance figures and audience-related issues for each performance. The House Manager reports to the Managing Director, but works closely with the Patron Services Associate and Stage Manager.
- Greet guests in a warm manner and provide excellent customer service.
- Complete nightly House Manager Report, including house count and cash totals.
- Respond to all patron comments and/or complaints in a prompt and friendly manner. Notify Management Associate for inclusion in House Management Report.
- Check patrons off reservation list and provide essential information about site and performance.
- Collect performance admissions (cash, check and credit card) via PatronManager.
- Solicit and accurately record names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and other required information about guests for Quantum’s database to help maintain accurate information.
- Close and balance cash drawer with Patron Manager.
- Understand all safety policies and coordinate with Patron Services Associate to maintain appropriate access to seating and backstage areas.
- Supervise audience during performances for safety considerations and possible disruptive behavior. Address issues in a polite and discrete manner if needed. Assist with late seating.
- Facility-related duties, including but not limited to making sure restrooms, floors and the house are clean and safe.
- Coordinate with Patron Services Associate in advance of first performance to understand show-specific front of house duties, signage plan, and safety considerations. Attend final dress-rehearsal and complete Front of House walkthrough with Managing Director.
- Nightly set-up and breakdown as needed, including for special patron events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Able to arrive up to 2.5 hours prior to curtain (shows typically begin at 8pm Wed-Sat and 7pm on Sun), and work up to 1 hour after show ends (varies with show).
- Must be willing to work all performances, to include Wednesday – Sunday evenings.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; friendly and personable.
Quantum Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Stewart Urist, Managing Director
Directors and Designers
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Jerard-James Craven, Director of Production.
Quantum accepts interns for summer, fall, or spring terms. At this time, all internships are unpaid but course credit is available:
Quantum Theatre is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to attracting a wide range of diverse candidates.
Future Opportunities: We accept resumes and headshots year-round. Please send to Karla Boos, Artistic Director.